A tree topology combines characteristics of bus and star topologies. It consists of groups of star-configured workstations connected to a linear bus backbone cable. This bus/star hybrid aprochsupports future expandability of the network much better then a bus or star alone.
1. The network is easy to extend by just adding another branch.
2. Fault isolation is relatively easy.
1. If the backbone cable breaks, the entire network goes down.
2. More difficult to configoure and wire then other topologies.
3. If any hub goes down, all branches of that hub go down.